#codeathon ASEAN+ @ Kuala Lumpur
#codeathon is a learning-intensive hackathon for pre-university students and university students to come together and rapidly prototype software solutions under the theme of “Technopreneurship for Gender Equality”.
Middle school and above students will compete in teams of 2-5 people under 2 separate tracks:
- The Jr. category includes middle/secondary school up to pre-university students
- The College category includes university students
You will learn to code for good with industry mentors and compete against your peers in ASEAN+ cities. Winning teams stand a chance to receive complimentary to CoDE Summit in Singapore this December!
TO REGISTER, click on "Tickets" and choose to buy tickets for 1-5 people.
We welcome complete beginners and people of all genders!
Why take part?
- Code for change!
- Build your portfolio and learn new transferable skills with industry mentors
- Receive feedback from esteemed judges
- Win prizes and/or media mention!
- Receive an e-certificate for successful submission!
Kick-off weekend details
- Day 1: Learn design thinking, hear about problem statements, and get introduced to MIT App Inventor OR web development basics using HTML/CSS and publish your page online.
- Day 2: Sharpen your Android development skills with App Inventor OR dive into Bootstrap framework. The day will be ended with a session with mentors to discuss about the project ideas.
How does this work?
Learn at kick-off -> Refine your ideas continuously through learning resources and consultations with mentors -> Submit online
What prizes are there?
- Top winning team overall
- Best Technical Innovation
- Most Socially Impactful
- Ada Award (Individual)
What is your judging criteria?
- Empathy: Did the team identify a real, significant problem?
- Innovation: Is the submitted prototype fully functional and intuitive to use?
- Entrepreneurship: Is the solution desirable? is it addressing the right market?
- Storytelling: Is the overall pitch/story compelling?
- Diversity and Inclusion: Is the team reaching out to new audiences?
#codeathon is proudly supported by the organisations as below:
Q: I am not a student, can I still take part?
A: Anyone outside of the stipulated categories as above may still take part, but you will not be eligible for sponsor prizes and no team should have 50% or more of its members from outside of the track that they have chosen to participate in. This is to ensure fairness in participation.
Q: Can I come alone?
A: Certainly - we will make provisions for you to match up with other solo participants to form a team.
Q: Who can I contact for more information?
A: Just WhatsApp Ernie at +6581833039 or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
[ Sat ] - [ Sun ]
9:30 AM - 6:00 PM MYT
Pre-university Students SOLD OUT RM59.00 University Students SOLD OUT RM79.00 Adults SOLD OUT RM99.00
- Venue Address
- Axiata Tower (Quill 7), 9, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, Kuala Lumpur Sentral, Kuala Lumpur - 50470 Malaysia
Code for Asia Society Ltd.432 Followers